Our research is focused on new theoretical advances in machine learning and data mining, motivated by important practical applications, on the basis that challenging applications foster novel algorithms which in turn enable new applications.
Specific research topics include:
- Artificial intelligence, data mining & machine learning
- Algorithms for classification and numeric prediction
- New methods for combining domain knowledge with data mining
- Time series data analysis
- Probability, reasoning under uncertainty, and Bayesian networks
- Reinforcement learning
- Practical applications of data mining and machine learning in science, engineering & medicine.
You can also contact me with questions.