The Data Mining and Machine Learning Group is led by Michael Madden of the College of Engineering & Informatics, NUI Galway.
Our research is focused on new theoretical advances in machine learning and data mining, motivated by important practical applications, on the basis that challenging applications foster novel algorithms which in turn enable new applications.
Specific research topics include:
- Artificial intelligence, data mining & machine learning
- Algorithms for classification and numeric prediction
- New methods for combining domain knowledge with data mining
- Deep neural networks
- Probability, reasoning under uncertainty, and Bayesian networks
- Reinforcement learning
- Practical applications of data mining and machine learning in science, engineering & medicine.
For more specific information, take a look at our current and recent research projects, our publications, and the current and past members of our group.
You can also contact Michael Madden with questions.